BBS-OnlinePK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BBS-PK Returns daily blog

Go down 
+2
Sir Bob
Matt
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt
Admin
Matt

Awesomeness : 0

BBS-PK Returns daily blog Empty
PostSubject: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:38 pm

the daily blog for the remade version of the v5.0 beta:

///START OF BLOG////

30th May 2010
- Recoded the whole of barrows to make it almost perfect now includes:
- new interfaces
- proper digging
- proper graves
- real rewards and real chest

[EDIT] extras on 30th May 2010

- added new interfaces to fight pits
- began work on some better features for fight pits
- removed shops from home and gave them their own area
- began work on tutorial island (New & Improved since the beta)

31 May 2010 -
- Finished off tutorial island including plenty of new tasks (you might not consider this much but
it includes)

- new multiple dialogues for each npc,
- many more tasks for you to complete,
- smaller codes running each task - less lagg but more tasks kinda equals it out Razz
- proper npc clipping for monster tasks

Off tutorial island topic -
certain npc clipping areas added - including
- kq
- draynor

ofc will add more in as time goes on but not priority atm

If you wna see some pics of todays update i suggest looking at edans guide in the guides section
its an amazing guide with pictures of the whole of tutorial island Smile

Basically guys if you can remember v1.0 barrows and thn we had to remove it in v2.0 its the
same as v1.0 without glitches and new interfaces etc.. all hand coded by me throughout periods of today when
i wasnt busy.. today has been a very progressive day im now going to do some finishing touches of my own
and then call it a day Smile

31 May 2010 -

- Edan & myself went through every npc that drops items and changed rates of items dropping,
the items that drop & even the npcs that can drop items to bring a more realistic game to you guys after release

1st June 2010 - early morning
- began work on new quest/minigame -- sims
- couple of glitches in sims minigame/quest fixed
- began to think through each different part of the minigame & quest
- replaced revenants teleport with sims and changed its tele name

thats all for this morning time for bed Wink

1 June 2010 -

- working on the pking side of bbs today putting sims to the side for a while
- added range following e.g. if your at 36 wildy and a person starts to run away you follow them
while ranging instead of just standing there and the message in the box saying "the person is too far away"

- added mage following e.g. if your at 36 wildy casting ice blitz and the person runs away you will follow and continue to cast your spell instead of standing there and recieving a message in the box saying "the person is too far away to cast this spell"

now that we have these two features we are finally bringing a more realistic feel to pking and
pking is becoming closer and closer to how it was before it got ruined by.. u no who

Time for some revision now il post a video in a minute of range following: the video isnt great cause i was multi logging
and had to keep turning hyper cam off to prevent you guys seeing me switch clients lol but it'l give you a basic idea
of what its actually like.. i cudnt b bothered to make a mage following vid considering its practically the same as range just
with spells instead lol

- added arrow dropping when fighting against other players e.g. in wildy when you fire an arrow now you have a 2/3 chance that the arrow will drop to the floor so you can pick it up again rather than just disapearing and you having to buy more arrows

2nd June 2010 -

- Added correct & fully working 525 running animation so now we have walking + running
- Corrected 525 running animation to work with all weapons and no conflicts on emote

probably the only update il get done today but still nice to have lol
will need a newer client to see these updates if you currently have access to the blank beta

- Added in new emote tab button + page on client therefore allowing players to use skillcapes properly..
the ::sc command will now be removed as i agreed it was only temporary until i got the new emotes

- now need to work on correct options tab + page or risk losing the ability to run Razz

3rd June -

- revision - during breaks tried to find a fix for the options tab and couldnt
- [edit] nothing done really on server/client - could find any fixes basically not a great day for bbs lmaoo

4th June - 12 am - 1:37 ish

- fixed new options tab so brightness and running now works with it - help from some guy on rune-server
- sound systems now using correct interface but no sound atm might add in
- learning more about client work Very Happy
- unfortunately split private chat, chat effects and mouse single button are now disabled
due to there not being an updated code yet.. will try and work on this

4th June - 1:37-2:07

- saw some interesting ideas on rune-server and might give them a go myself obv in my own way Smile unique is what i like best: the idea is having a killcam after death or spectating after death not sure atm wud prefer killcam cause tht wasnt on rune-server Razz

- maybe add a button into client to switch to old options tab for features such as: split private chat etc.. if i cant find a way to add them myself

anyways its 02:12 time for bed Wink g'nite

05/06 June 2010 -

- added full 474 models etc.. to bbs client fixing the quest cape emote so it works perfectly
unfortunately not so lucky with agility altho i have made it so the poles work properly
just the character doesnt move with it Razz

- fixed npc glitch - when you attack an npc it no longer hits you before you hit it - you now both hit at the same time.. basic glitch out of the way -- bbs combat getting better Razz[/size]

8th June 2010 -

yh i no i sed ive got exams but i did my exam today and just felt like i had to take a break so here is todays small updates:

- fixed majority of skillcape emotes to almost 100% now, quest as said before working perfectly thanks to 474 files Wink also i said i got the poles in agility to work well now ive got the animation to work and lost the pole gfx.. :/ frustrating but i definitely prefer it this way round lol

by fixing the capes i mean when using the skillcape emote they all now have their correct weapons which was rather fun for me to do Smile also fixed a glitch i had made with woodcutting cape emote and fixed the thieving cape so that it stopped displaying as a saradomin godsword and actually showed the cape again Razz 474 file overwrote my original thieving model lol so had to redo it Wink[/size]

New**

8th June 2010 -

- Added proper standing anim for godswords - standing with gs is realistic
- Walking with godswords has its proper animations now
- Running with godswords has its own animations now altho seem a bit slow to me are
still very good Smile
- Attacking with gs's now has the real animations
- Proper blocking with gs's added after attacking an npc Smile

backing up client + server now probably last update this week enjoy Wink if i get time video at
weekend

10th June 2010 -

Not too many exams remaining now lol - you guys will love this update btw
when i finally release some pics for you all Wink

- added proper godwars maps! Very Happy not 100% but getting close, floors work, most doors,
few tweaks needed - by proper godwars maps i mean as in if u went to gw in real rs.. Wink

- wen i get time im going to add other godwars bosses in, animate them, proper gfx + anims
- proper bonuses for them Smile

however now ive reached a problem i will have to declutter our client very soon as it is now
116 mb and no1 wants to dl tht much onto their pc... im either going to make it so you download
an installer and install the client or delete loads of the files.. hopefully it will b much less thn tht
for release or u will all think im givin u a virus lol!

trust me its just all 474 data + all map data + 377 data - im not even going into the rest Razz
and its the new preloaded models like the d arrows and bolts etc...
anims + gfx's
basically quite a lotta stuff gone into this upgrade Razz ull see soon Wink

14th June 2010 -

- added sound effect input into client and server allowing us to use sound effects for fighting etc.. this is a long job though i have to add a sound effect for anything that we think should have sounds however i have tested this on jads sound effects and it works perfectly

///// END OF BLOG /////

Last edited by Matt on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:03 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Sweet, but I think I'm the oldest player on the forums right now and I don't remember it, Shocked!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:56 pm

oh right well maybe il get some time to post some pictures atm im doing more updates Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Sweet, thanks. What kind of updates?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:52 am

sry i didnt say i edited my original post with the updates so check it out Smile
couldnt of been done without edans help Wink
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Street Tramp
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:44 am

Awsome, sounds like its all workin' out great.
I thought you said there wasn't anything I can do to help. Wink

Just lemme know if there's another task, I'm as bored as I can be without actually killing myself.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:47 am

well thts not really a task i stayed round edans and gave him the client to the remake of bbs, so he can now help me out ;/
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:33 am

31 May 2010 -
- Finished off tutorial island including plenty of new tasks (you might not consider this much but
it includes)

- new multiple dialogues for each npc,
- many more tasks for you to complete,
- smaller codes running each task - less lagg but more tasks kinda equals it out Razz
- proper npc clipping for monster tasks

Off tutorial island topic -
certain npc clipping areas added - including
- kq
- draynor

ofc will add more in as time goes on but not priority atm

If you wna see some pics of todays update i suggest looking at edans guide in the guides section
its an amazing guide with pictures of the whole of tutorial island Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:42 am

Awww, you clipped KQ! It was extremely easy to get to her! Lol jk, nice job. Btw, what's in Draynor anyway?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:43 am

er nothing it was just experimenting with the areas
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:46 am

Ah, kk. I think this should be stickied.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:05 pm

31 May 2010 -

- Edan & myself went through every npc that drops items and changed rates of items dropping,
the items that drop & even the npcs that can drop items to bring a more realistic game to you guys after release Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Sweet! Any quests?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:08 pm

lol tutorial island?
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Matt wrote:
lol tutorial island?

BBS-PK Returns daily blog Robinamused

Any REAL quests?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:22 pm

yeah thanks for that i consider Tutorial Island a real quest considering it uses all the save variables etc.. as real quests and is actually very similar to code but nvm il let tht slip Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Matt wrote:
yeah thanks for that i consider Tutorial Island a real quest considering it uses all the save variables etc.. as real quests and is actually very similar to code but nvm il let tht slip Wink
I've never really considered it a real quest. I think it is more of a bot defender, cause we were getting SYIed like every 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:43 pm

yeahh fair enough, it stops auto talkers and bots etc.. il give you that but now i like to consider it a quest considering i went through the effort of adding working npc clipping etc... Razz just for tut island and now will probs use it 4 rest of server as well Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Make sure you add it for GWD. I hate getting chased by bitchy monsters.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm

they are there for that reason... :/ peeps were abusing graador so i added them in lol altho im thinkin of adding a newer godwars dont get ur hopes up tho
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:00 pm

1st June 2010 - early morning
- began work on new quest/minigame -- sims
- couple of glitches in sims minigame/quest fixed
- began to think through each different part of the minigame & quest
- replaced revenants teleport with sims and changed its tele name

thats all for this morning time for bed Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:41 pm

Shed a little light on what Sims is?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:18 am

and ruin the surprised? if your really that interested once its done il ask edan if he can make a guide to it Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 am

1 June 2010 -

- working on the pking side of bbs today putting sims to the side for a while
- added range following e.g. if your at 36 wildy and a person starts to run away you follow them
while ranging instead of just standing there and the message in the box saying "the person is too far away"

- added mage following e.g. if your at 36 wildy casting ice blitz and the person runs away you will follow and continue to cast your spell instead of standing there and recieving a message in the box saying "the person is too far away to cast this spell"

now that we have these two features we are finally bringing a more realistic feel to pking and
pking is becoming closer and closer to how it was before it got ruined by.. u no who Wink

Time for some revision now il post a video in a minute of range following: the video isnt great cause i was multi logging
and had to keep turning hyper cam off to prevent you guys seeing me switch clients lol but it'l give you a basic idea
of what its actually like.. i cudnt b bothered to make a mage following vid considering its practically the same as range just
with spells instead lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:15 am

Matt wrote:
before it got ruined by.. u no who Wink

Wait... Me and luring or JaGEx and shutting down?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBS-PK Returns daily blog   BBS-PK Returns daily blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BBS-PK Returns daily blog
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BBS-OnlinePK :: BBS-Pk Chit-Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: