BBS-OnlinePK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beta Tasks (again )

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
Admin
Matt

Awesomeness : 0

Beta Tasks (again ) Empty
PostSubject: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:03 pm

basically post anything glitches, problems with server, things that need to be fixed etc.. here
also those of you that have made lists of things that need fixing can you post them here as well Smile

stuff done today:
- tutorial island completed - no teleing, exp-lock on, dwarven miner fixed, combat instructor moved, no dying
- tut island is now done
- thieving readded into server
Back to top Go down
CareMaster
Outlander
CareMaster

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:23 pm

So far I can only come up with herblore and agility. The new agility really needs some work.

Edit: Fletching needs to be fixed too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Edan
Come-Hither
Edan

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Global:
- Equiptment interface wont let you exit unless you teleport somewhere else
- Cache problems change objects at home
- Balanced training needs to have a warning so you wont lose gear
- Sims minigame is still there
- Portals dont say where they go? maybe add a textbefore teleporting
- NPC at mage bank doesnt work [PK Points]
- Quests need to be done
- Dragon bones dont give exp

Agility:
- Agility course needs to be done

Fletching:
- Add spinners emote
- Link it up

Herblore:
- Herblore, when using mortar it wont grind, and dont know how to level :S
Back to top Go down
https://bbs-pk.forumotion.com
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:33 am

thanks guys Smile finished my last exam now so more time woo Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:28 am

New task --

had a bit of a problem with the agility area because of the amount of code
i needed to add to get the majority of obstacles working so far i got the code too large
error so ive removed the agility obstacles and readded it in at a different point in seperate
cases.. it now works again ive also taken out woodcutting and mining to remake them properly

so beta testers i need you to go to the agility arena and test the objects work both from both
sides and the ones that dont please post it here or show me ingame so i can fix.. thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 pm

How is agility that bad? All you need to do is an emote and give exp.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm

you havent seen the new agility area... :/ if uve ever played real rs its the one in karamja (think thts right) above the volcano with like 30 different obstacles and its more like a minigame thn agility but u get agility exp for it anyway.. yh its tht.. emote and give exp i think not?

you make a new case for each objects id so...

case 3151 -- lets say its monkey bars
if(absX = 2490 absY = 2348) - this means that this perticular code only happens from this area
forcewalk(2345, 2349, 932) example: place to walk to - coords, and gfx for the walk - meaning you have to find the right gfx not so bad with gfx list but some of the gfx are missing
public int agilityskill[1]; - declares the new agility exp for that obstacle which i added to load from a text file
giveExp = agilityskill[1]; - gives exp to declared agility
resetwalk; - gives continous movement of the gfx
break; - stops it from continueing onto next object

thats just one obstacle from one side to the other side e.g. climbing over a wall
then you have to take into consideration getting back across the wall the same way you came
over which requires another code...

so thats 2 pieces of code per obsticle -- lets say 30 obsticles at least i would say - thats 60 object codes which have to be able to run.. not to mention anything else you might like to add
such as agility rewards or whatever..

so forgive me for making agility a little bit more than clicking an object and getting exp and actually making it into something decent but its not an easy job.. :/ + to begin with i did it in
if(objectID == **** && absX == *** and absY == **** -- which takes even more code
and ive shortened the way of giving exp since the first time..

bit of trivia: per method your only allowed a certain amount of code and funnily enough 60 object methods is enough to break that limit so you have to spread it out and make it smaller and more compact so that it doesnt lagg the server.. the reason people use the gnome course is because it requires like 7 objects and people cant be bothered to code in new objects and most people wouldnt know where to start on making a code that forcefully moves your player to another direction even though its already in most clients! :O

anyways im done ranting now Wink

[edit] and then you have the problem of how should you link it.. using process - lagg ur server so much you can only have 3 players on or using an event manager - the wiser decision of the two... not perfect but not wasting server processes

[edit 2] oh and i would put it into a seperate class file and load it from there except im only just learning to experiment with stuff like that and havent quite learned about packaging and stuff yet :/ when i can do that i wont worry about this so much
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 pm

oh, i thought you were talking about the gnome one.
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Street Tramp
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:55 pm

He means the Brimhaven Agility Arena.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta Tasks (again )   Beta Tasks (again ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beta Tasks (again )
Page 1 of 1