BBS-OnlinePK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wet and wild - A quest by Bob

Go down 
+5
Kevin
CareMaster
beth
ArchAngel
Sir Bob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

Awesomeness : 0

Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Empty
PostSubject: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:29 pm

The following quest takes place in the wilderness. The quest may be difficult due to high level monsters and pking.

___________________________________Part 1____________________________________________
At home, a NPC by the name of Betty is anxiously waiting. (Also, is it possible that she does emote #860?)

Dialog:

Player: Whats wrong?
Betty: De came and took meh baby!
Player: Who?
Betty: The octopus gang!
Player: What is the octopus gang?
Betty: A pack of octopus that can live on land!
Player: That is just plain weird. Do you want me to help you find your baby?
Betty: Will you? That would be great!
_____________________________________Part 2________________________________________________

Player teleports to Varrock Library

Player talking to librarian: I need some information on the octopus gang.
Librarian: Sure, just go to the Northern bookshelf.

Player searches untill he finds the northern bookshelf, searches it and finds a book. Player opens the book and all the information about the gang is in it. (Ie. Bosses Level, HP, etc.) He also finds a key which he later finds a the door that the key is for. (The octopus gang hideout)

Player: Thanks, I found what I'm looking for!
______________________________________Part 3_____________________________________________________
After finding out that the hideout is somewhere in Falador and searching there for a long time (Staff, for exact location, talk to me on msn or private message me, I don't want to give away the whole quest!) the player finally finds the door to the hideout, and uses the key on it, teleporting him to the hideout.

Sea slug 1 (because there are no octopus NPC's in the game besides the boss, I'm using the next best thing, sea slugs!): Hey! You're not aloud to be in here!
Sea slug 2: Get em' boys
Game: You feel a large hit on your head. You fall unconscious. (You wake up at coord:3373 3890. Boss coord: 3372 3897)
____________________________________Boss fight_______________________________________________________________
*Player wakes up*
Player: Where am I?
Octopus gang boss (NPC:Sea Troll Queen) You are in my lair!
Player: So you're the one who took the baby!
Octopus: Yes I am, so what are you gonna do about it?
Player: I'm going to kill you!
Player and boss fight.
If player wins, teleport home and talk to Betty to finish quest. If Octopus thing wins, restart step 3.
Rewards: Barrelchest Anchor (This can be substituted) And 1m exp in a skill of the players choice.

Notes: The Sea Troll Queen is a monster found in higher deobs than 317, and thus it would be needed to be dumped. This monster can be substituted as long as the quest is edited to fit it. This quest was inspired by the new Developer diary on the Runescape site, "Wise old man." I know this is long and weird, but I think the rewards are worth it.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Outlander
ArchAngel

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Nice idea Bob, but don't you think its way to easy? I would like to be tricky and sneak past those to get to the boss instead of being threw in there... you know.. if you can caught, you have to start over from outside again. Since the reward is 1m exp.. thats about 70 level from 1.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:39 pm

I know, but the boss would be really hard, like a Jad without all the glitches. I'd also want it to disable your prayer for some real fun, Smile.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Outlander
ArchAngel

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:28 am

If no prayer, and the boss is too hard... hm... you should give a little better reward... and to admins.. no p ring Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beth
Outlander

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:32 am

sounds like a awsome and fun quest ;D can't wait to try it out if matt adds it
Back to top Go down
CareMaster
Outlander
CareMaster

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:53 am

I kinda like this. It's original and all random. Just what I like. Wink
And just a short note: 1M exp will get you to lvl 73. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Street Tramp
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm with caremaster, but I think a few aspects can be tweaked.

Nice work, Bobby.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Outlander
ArchAngel

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:50 am

You will less likely get a level with 1m exp after 94+
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:18 am

1m exp isn't much, it's to about 60 or level 70.
Back to top Go down
Richard
Street Tramp
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:21 pm

I find the whole concept quite inane, but I'm sure it's feasible.
Back to top Go down
http://Quarion.org
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:49 pm

i am going to read this thread again it seems to be getting a lot of attention.. but 1 m exp? if the quest is really as hard as you say it is it will require a skilled player to be able to do it and probably need a few 99s they wont need the exp? if its like jad they certainly wont
Back to top Go down
Sir Bob
Citizen
Sir Bob

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Hmmm, fine. 250k sound good?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Admin
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:25 pm

i dnoo maybe a new item or something..? im not sure i need to think it through lol
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Street Tramp
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:20 am

I think thats a great idea.
I'd say they get the permission to use and given a set of Void or Dark Bow.

I'll leave the rest to the admins.
Back to top Go down
TheOne
Outlander
TheOne

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:35 am

Yeah, i dont think xp is too good. Cause you can boost slayer pretty hard =P But apart from thaatt, awesome quest! =D
Back to top Go down
xtc is ftw
Outlander

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:23 pm

i recon as a reward make a new cape or something like a fire cape but mak eit water cape or something i dunno lol
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Street Tramp
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:34 pm

I'd rather have an exp reward, training can be quite boring.

I think we should open a poll for these kinds of things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wet and wild - A quest by Bob   Wet and wild - A quest by Bob Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wet and wild - A quest by Bob
Page 1 of 1